Saturday 23 March 2013

The Kiss

I had to go into town this morning, so while I was there I took the opportunity to go into the Scottish National Gallery.

Canova's: The Three Graces has gone to the V&A (it's jointly owned by the two museums) for a year so the Scottish National Gallery has borrowed Rodin's: The Kiss from the Tate to take it's place.  The Kiss is just as beautiful as I remembered from when I saw it in the Tate about twenty-five years ago.

An unexpected art bonus to my trip into the city centre came in the shape of the beautiful photograpy of: Britain from the Air.




The Kiss will be in the Scottish National Gallery until February 2014, and Britian from the Air will be on display at various locations in Edinburgh until 20 May.  If you are in Edinburgh, both are well worth visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.